Boilers need to be regularly serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer to ensure that everything is running safely and efficiently.
In the same way that a car is serviced, boilers need to be checked for faults. There are a few different forms of service that companies offer, so it’s always best to check when buying a boiler what you’ll receive.
A Gas Safe registered engineer should check that:
- Carbon monoxide is not being produced and the boiler is burning correctly
- Harmful gases are leaving via the flue and not entering the property
- There is no build-up in the pipes and ventilation
- Safety measures are working.
The engineer should also be ensuring that:
- Appliances are in their correct place
- The flue is installed safely and correctly
- There is a good supply of ventilation
- Appliances are at the right setting
- Everything is operating correctly and is safe to use.